Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Thoughts on the Supernatural

Although my husband and I don't get to a lot of movies these days, I am always interested in learning about the ones that are coming out soon. Usually we end up renting movies after they come out on DVD, unless they really catch our attention and make us want to see them! One movie that I recently came across really did catch my, mainly because even the quick preview of the movie's storyline had me on the edge of my seat. The 1408 Movie, by Stephen King, is a movie about a man who is interested in learning more about the afterlife after he loses his daughter. He's never had any encounters with the supernatural, and isn't sure what to believe, that is, until he stays in motel room 1408. There have been a number of deaths in this room, and it is believed to have been due to bad supernatural events happening in it, connecting these deaths to that of the unknown. John Cusack, the father who's set on learning more, decides to stay in this room. During his stay he experiences and sees many different unusual things. It seems to be a very intense movie, one that I would most definitely need my husband there to hold onto if we went to see it!

As far as my beliefs go, I definitely believe in the supernatural. I believe that there are good and bad sides to the supernatural and unknown world. God is definitely part of the supernatural world! He is the absolute good, the person who cares for everyone in this world and would not in anyway want to scare or harm them like the ghostly characters in this movie. I believe the supernatural characters in this movie are the bad, or evil spirits that are very real as well. I never have had an encounter with the supernatural, and if I do, it will be the good...as I do not believe that the evil spirits among us can harm me!

If you're interested in learning more about the 1408 Movie, check out this video clip today. This is a paid post.




No comments: