Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Stephen King

When it comes to horror films, I would have to say that I am not that fond. I don't like the movies that are so incredibly scary and gory that they actually leave you feeling kind of yucky when you're done watching them. I know that there are some people out there who absolutely love these kind of movies, but they're really not for me. The one thing though that I would say I do appreciate about horror films is that they're very intense and usually have you on the edge or your seat wondering what will happen next. This is something I enjoy, and an aspect I like all movies to have. It's what keeps you interested and intrigued. I must say that Stephen King is very good at doing this in his stories. He is a very good author, and I especially enjoyed the movies The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption which were written by him. I think the reason that I these films were my favorite is because they weren't too scary or gory. They each had very good story lines and kept my attention without all the scary stuff. In fact, these are movies that can be watched over and over again, which is another thing I really like about them.

From what I've read and heard, Stephen King has another movie coming out, the 1408 Movie. It's about a man who is desperately trying learn more about the afterlife after his daughter dies. He wants to learn about the supernatural so much, that he actually stays in a motel room, number 1408, rumored to have supernatural activity going on. In fact, there have been many deaths in this motel room due to supposed supernatural events. It turns out that John Cusack, the man wanting to learn more, does encounter some supernatural and unusual events during his stay, leaving him in quite the scary situation. I found the video clip that I watched to be quite intense and definitely had me interested in this movie. It will definitely be a thriller for all who see it.

If you want to learn more about the 1408 Movie, and see if it's one that you would watch, check out the video today. This is a paid post.




No comments: