Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Spooky Story

Although I like a good movie, one that keeps me interested and on the edge of my seat, I've never been big into the really scary horror type movies. I've seen some, but they usually don't sit well with me. Scary stories are the same way. Even though I know they're just stories, the simplest of scary stories gets to me. One of the scariest stories I think I've heard is about a babysitter. I'm not sure if I heard this story from someone, or read it in a book at some point, but the story must have been scary to me, and quite unpleasant, because it really stuck with me. As I said, the spooky story that comes to mind is about a young teenage girl whose parents when out and left her home to babysit her younger sister. She put her sister to bed pretty early, as these were the rules set by her parents. Once her sister was in bed, she watched some television to pass the time. After she watched one of her favorite shows, she turned off the television and began to gaze out the window at the beautiful winter night. As she watched the snow fall, she noticed that there was a man walking toward the glass from outside in her yard. When he started to pull something that appeared to be a knife out of his pocket, she quickly hid herself under her blanket that she was curled up in. After about 5 minutes she came out from under the blanket, realized the strange man was gone, and called 911 so they could come over and investigate this mysterious event that she had observed. When the police arrived at her home, they searched her yard where she had seen the man, but found no footprints or weapons of any kind. It wasn't until the police officers came into the home that they found something pretty scary. They found wet footprints leading up to the chair where the girl was sitting. Turns out this girl was very lucky, because the man she saw starring at her through the glass was not outside, but standing right behind her. She was looking at his reflection in the window. Although to some this may not seem like a very scary story, it really creeped me out. I think mainly because it was something that could really happen. When stories aren't far fetched and realistic, it makes them that much more scary in my opinion.

This story was very scary to me, but the 1408 Movie coming out by Stephen King is going to be even more scary. It's a story about a man who is looking to learn more about the afterlife after his daughter died. During his search, he comes in contact with some pretty unusual and scary spirits of the supernatural world, when he stays in motel room 1408. From what I've read and seen so far, this is going to be quite the thriller for all of you who really like a good scare!! I imagine it will probably become someone's new scariest story ever heard.

Watch the video clip below to learn more about the 1408 Movie and see if it's one you might be interested in seeing. This is a paid post.







No comments: