Monday, October 29, 2007

Plastic Surgery

Have you ever heard of Mya before?? This is one of the largest cosmetic surgery companies in the UK. It was actually recently reviewed in the Times, which I was fortunate enough to have found and read. The Times talk a lot about Mya and UK Plastic Surgery and seem to be in favor of what they do. It seems that plastic/cosmetic surgery is becoming more and more popular among people of all ages these days. When someone is looking for a facility though, it's important they know what to look for. The Times had some great points that I want to share with you now. They talked about how important it is for you to make sure that the surgeon is registered with the General Medical Council, that they have done studies in plastic surgery by looking for “FRCS Plast” after their name, that you have taken the time to contact patients who have had work done by this surgeon, and that you take time looking for a surgeon by at least meeting with two, if not more before you make a decision. I thought that these were all great points and wanted to share them with all of you.

1 comment:

The Patients Advantage said...

If you are going to go down the cosmetic surgery road...check out www.thepatientsadvantage.com. What I liked the most was that my profile remained anynomyous until I was ready to decide what to do. I received replies from four surgeons that met all the things I was looking for. I liked having that complete control without the sales pressure that some of these places can be known for. Check them out. Better to be safe than sorry.