Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

Guest post written by Olive Henderson

The other day I went downtown to look for a new pair of Miracle Ear Digital Hearing Aids when it dawned on me that Thanksgiving is literally just around the corner. Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays because it has such a good message with it. A lot of holidays are very commercial, and Thanksgiving certainly has a commercial aspect to it, but there a great story behind it. The holiday promotes a spirit of thankfulness for one's family and for all the good things in one's life and I feel that is extremely important. If you aren't thankful for what you have, you go through life not really appreciating the blessing and good fortune.

And even better: great to have food in great abundance on Thanksgiving, but the most important part of it to me is sharing it with a group of people you love. In life, work and responsibility often makes it to where you can't see your family very often, but Thanksgiving has always given my family and me a day to all pool together and enjoy each other's company. I am always thankful for Thanksgiving.

I have been paid for this guest post.

No comments: