Saturday, November 20, 2010

Enjoying "Stranger in a Strange Land," One of My All-Time Favorite Books

Content by Faustino Fuentes

One of my all time favorite books is definitely "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein, and this weekend, I went to the bookstore to pick up a copy of it. I had lost mine when I moved here, so I was pretty eager to get a new copy and sit down to reading.

Heinlein was one of the most influential authors in the science fiction genre, and a very prolific author. "Stranger in a Strange Land" focuses on the tale of a man named Michael Valentine Smith, who was also known as The Man from Mars. Smith was born to two scientists who had traveled to Mars on a space expedition, and after the other members of the crew died, he was raised by Martians until he was an adult. Many years later, Americans made another voyage to Mars where they found him, and then brought him back to Earth. The book tells the story of his life on Earth and how he adjusted, as well as the many lessons he was able to teach his friends based from his Martian experiences.

I had only gotten about halfway through when my boyfriend arrived at my apartment for our regular Saturday night, so we sat down and had dinner while we watched directtv. I'm really excited to read the second half later tonight.
"I was paid for this guest post."

No comments: