Wednesday, December 15, 2010

SEC Championship Game - Tigers vs. Gamecocks

Contribution by Terrance Kirby

When the Auburn Tigers and South Carolina Gamecocks meet up in Atlanta on December 4 to decide the SEC Championship , one of Auburn's biggest fans will not be in the stands. That's because I just can't bring myself to travel for another college football game.

I love going to Auburn games and any time I'm back home in Alabama and can make it to a game, I go. Going back to seeing the campus is a special thing for me. But games like this that are played at a neutral site just aren't worth the trouble. I'm just better off watching the game on satellite tv in the comfort of my own living room.

At least when I go to a Tiger game in Auburn, I know I'm going to be sitting around other Auburn fans. When you go to a neutral site, there are no guarantees no matter what your ticket broker says.

A few years ago I went to the Colorado/Colorado State game in Denver with my brother in law. He's a huge Buffalo fan and was certain we were going to be sitting with other CU fans.

Turns out we were right in the middle of the CSU section. I thought for certain there was going to be a fight. I'm just too old for all that stuff.

I'll be watching the game at home and when Auburn wins I'll stand on my porch and yell like a maniac. I'm definitely not too old for that.

" I have been paid for this guest post."

No comments: