Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home Repairs

My husband and I have done many little jobs here in the house that we're currently renting. Mainly just priming and painting the basement. Although this was a big job, and we did have to get the primer and paint, our biggest home repairs are just coming! We recently purchased a new home, and with that we so see so much potential of what it could be. It already offers a lot, but there are definitely some changes that we will make over the years. One of the biggest repairs we are going to make to the house is splitting one of the bigger rooms in two. For this project it will be necessary to have the drywall, the lumber, a cordless drill, paint, a portable sliding table saw and maybe even a Sliding Compound Miter Saw!! I know my husband is looking forward to doing projects like this around our new home and I'm excited to help him!!

It's funny that this is something we're currently facing, because I recently came across a site where a man talks about his own home buying experience...coincidently much like ours. He talks about the repairs that he did to his own home and the materials he needed to do them. I really enjoyed browsing through this site because it totally hit home with what we're going through right now. It basically gives you everything you need to know to make repairs on your home while still saving money...which is something my husband and I are definitely interested in doing. I am just thrilled that there is a site out there like this, and plan on returning often as we begin all of these home repairs on our new house. Check it out and see what you think. This is a paid post.

No comments: