Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Purity Ring Case

I recently heard a story of a young teenage girl in the UK who went to court after trying to get her school to let her where her purity ring in school. The school does not allow jewelry, but since this was something that she considered part of her Faith...she argued it. Other girls at her school that were Muslim were allowed to wear headscarves, and Sikhs and she thought that she should be able to wear her ring as an expression of her Christian Faith. I was disappointed to see that she lost her fight against her school. I too am very strong in my Christian Faith, and think it's great that there are young kids out there who are wanting to live it and be a witness to others by expressing their Faith. To me, wearing a purity ring is a sign of her beliefs and desire to follow and obey Christ and what He's asked of us.

You can read more of the story here....

No comments: