Thursday, July 31, 2008

Simple Shrimp Scampi Recipe

I don't eat a lot of seafood, but one that I know I enjoy from time to time...along with many other people is shrimp!! In fact, I have a terrific shrimp recipe that I'm sure many people would enjoy trying. It's a simple shrimp scampi recipe that is easy to prepare and make. With the busyness of life it's nice to know that there are still great tasting recipes that anyone can make. My simple recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
About a pound of large unpeeled fresh shrimp
2 cloves of garlic...mince them
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1/4 cup of oil
Parsley...to your liking (optional)
Pasta of your choice

Directions:
You can sautee the garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes. Next you'll add the butter and shrimp. Once the shrimp are a little pink....turn down the heat and let cook fully. If so desired you can sprinkle with parsley and then serve over your choice of pasta or rice. Enjoy!!

I don't recall where I got the exact recipe, but I'm sure I've made some alterations to the ingredients to suit my liking. As many people who cook know...the best part about a recipe is that it can be changed up to suit your taste and style. I'd love to hear of some of your favorite simple domestic seafood recipes!

In fact, if you absolutely love to cook, and love seafood...you can actually look into the Great American Seafood Cook off. I think my dish would be a great contender in this event, and I'm sure many of you have recipes that would as well. I'm really excited that there's an event like this. It's fun to see people's creativity in the kitchen come alive!! I think what I like most about this cook off is the positiveness of domestic seafood sustainability mainly because the source is known and the food is fresh. Look into it today on their site for more information.

No comments: