Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Value of College

Recently I was thinking back to my college days which seems like forever ago. I have only been out of college for three years now...but the time still seems to have flown by!! I was just thinking about all of the classes I took and the ones that had the most profound influence on my life as a teacher. I think the two classes that I would say were most beneficial to me were the classroom management one as well as the diverse learners class. The classroom management seminar was very helpful...as it gave useful tips as to how a teacher can maintain control over her classroom. The diverse learners class was extremely helpful...as things were taught about how we as teachers can meet the needs of all learners in our classroom, whether they have learning disabilities, cerebral palsy, or something else. We learned much about many different disorders and conditions that some students have and how to make their learning experience the very best. When I was in college I really didn't think about how much these classes were helping me. It wasn't until I was out and teaching that I realized it!

No comments: