Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Bachelor Shocker!

Did anyone watch the season finale of the Bachelor last night! Wow is all I have to say! It was an absolute shocker. I had read and heard some of the "spoilers" floating around in cyberspace, but couldn't believe that it could actually be true. Unfortunately it was, and now one who seems to be a sweet person has been hurt in front of millions of viewers.

I don't know about you, but the whole "proposing to Melissa, then dumping her for runner up Molly" all seems a bit odd and doesn't really make sense?!? There are many I know who feel the same way. Although he does have the right to find love and follow his heart...after everything it seems he doesn't know how to do that. To propose to someone 6 weeks before saying he has "no doubts", and then in that short amount of time deciding it just "won't work between them" tells me two things. This guy isn't willing to work to save a relationship and doesn't understand what a serious commitment an engagement is. If he was truly that sure he wanted to marry Melissa I think he would have tried harder than 6 weeks (and waited until their relationship could be more "normal" in public) before completely dismissing their relationship. I also think that he obviously doesn't take the whole "engaged" title very seriously. To be engaged means one step closer to being married. If he gives up that easily with someone he is engaged to, what is he going to do with someone he is just dating, like Molly?!? I'd be cautious if I were her.

I have to say that after watching the finale and the After The Rose show last night, I am baffled and very disappointed. It really has me questioning if The Bachelor is really worth watching?!

No comments: